Live Video Streaming Update
Today, anyone can live broadcast to a myriad of online and social media destination, and we're seeing other industries adding use live video as part of their marketing and communications activities. corporate enterprises, brands, agencies, education, worship, and government are just a few that are embracing live streaming technology to reach and engage with larger audiences. But what's really news? Video production is moving beyond the studio! Outdoor live streaming is one the biggest movements in live video today.
Outdoor live streaming has become a pivotal element for many different segments , applications, and users including:
- Sports teams – more than stadium games: player interviews, community outreach and going on the road with the teams!
- Music and entertainment events/festivals – expanding their reach and boosting their brand by sharing festival live shows and backstage events with their followers
- Wedding videographers – live streaming weddings allows the couple’s loved ones to feel part of the special moment even if they can't attend
- Advertising companies and B2C/B2B brands – replacing costly commercials with real-time, meaningful interactions with their customer base
- Vloggers and social media influencers – going live as they cover their real-life experiences to increase viewership and engage their followers
How To Stream Without an Internet Connection?
Whether you're live streaming for sports, news, music concerts, politics, religious events, or video blogs, outdoor live streams are more dynamic because the scene is always changing and this enhances audience engagement (and keeps viewers tuned in longer) because they feel like they are part of the action.
However, planning an outdoor live stream can be intimidating for content creators who are used to producing live video in their studio, literally pushing them out of their comfort zone to the outdoors where they have far less control over the conditions that they're streaming in. Fortunately, streaming in the great outdoors doesn't need to be as scary as it sounds. The first thing you need to overcome though is ensuring a robust connection no matter where you are streaming from so your video is delivered with the highest possible quality.
Outdoor live streaming Success Stories
Learn how others are going live from remote locations outdoors!
French FootGolf Association
In an effort to spread awareness about the little-known sport of "FootGolf", the AFFG's teams broadcast live competition footage on the FootGolf France Facebook Live account. The entir
e event took place over several large golf courses and was broadcast for nearly 5 hours. >>Read More
No Boundaries Outdoors
Stephen Heywood ventured out to get high-quality video and audio of the natural world for his live web show, No Boundaries Outdoors. He field-tests products for the hunting and fishing industry, providing comprehensive reviews during his live outdoor streams. >>Read More
The video pros from Lemon Media deployed Solo to produce several live streams during the winter sports season. They set-up their camera and live video streaming equipment for their live coverage from the field in Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, one of Austria’s most extensive and picturesque skiing areas. >>Read More