Facebook's newest feature is now supported in the Solo Portal!
Here, I’ve broken down what this latest release means for you. And remember, you can visit our support page for more information and details any time!
What is Crossposting? Users now have the option to stream to more than one Facebook page at a time via Crossposting. One of the biggest benefits of Crossposting is the consolidated views on the live stream or videos. Instead of having a different view count for every place the video is posted (if you syndicate to multiple Facebook pages), it all gets counted into one. That way everyone gets the max number of views possible for the video. When you share a video or live stream with your audience, they see it as a re-share and your audience is more likely to watch and share more.
Below are the 5 simple steps to do in your Facebook account before you can use this feature.
You can also watch Dan take you through step-by-step in this video:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page.
2. Click Crossposting in the left column,
3. Begin typing the Page's name or Facebook URL and select it from the list that appears.
4. For Non-Live Videos, both Pages can crosspost each other's eligible videos by going to the Page's Publishing Tools>Videos You Can Crosspost. For Live Videos, select whether you'd like to:
- Allow the other Page to crosspost their live video to your page without further approval.
- Require the other Page's crossposted their live videos to be approved by one of your admins or editors before being crossposted to your page.
5. Click Next.
Once you are done, you are ready to cross-post with users you are linked to. When you are in the Solo portal and setting up a new Facebook stream you will have the option to automatically stream to your page and your connection's page or you can simply go live to your page, automatically notify your connection and let them decide whether or not that also want to stream simultaneously to their page.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please post them in the comments section below! Keep a look out for a full breakdown of all the Facebook Live post features in the Solo Portal.